If you decide to use an external nutrient supply, the cost will depend on how informed you are. If you can make your own worm castings, you probably won’t need any extra macronutrients, but it will depend on your time, resources, and quality of soil.
You want to make sure you’re getting the most out of your lights. Reflective walls will help light bounce around the room and get to every part of your plant. This will probably give you greater yields while using the same number of lamps.
When you simulate night time, your room or closet will begin to cool down. For this, you’ll need extra heating. During the day, your lights might produce enough heat, but at night, the grow room cools down drastically. So much so, it can be very unhealthy for your plants. Purchasing extra heating equipment may seem like a lot, but you’ll realise how beneficial it can be when it’s needed.
There are several factors that go into growing cannabis. We’ll be examining how you can save the most money on your grow operation without sacrificing quality. Because if you’re looking to grow shitty weed, it will be super easy to do on a budget. The hard thing is growing cannabis you actually feel proud of when smoking with your friends. Let’s explore each of these essential variables, and see where we can save some money.
Automatic genetics are also something that will help you save. In many cases, autos begin flowering just 2-3 weeks after germination. What’s more, the flowering cycle is not dependent on hours of light like photoperiod strains. Ultimately, your auto will rush from seed to harvest in an impressive amount of time, saving indoor growers some hard-earned cash. We currently offer over 20 different autoflowering strains in our store. These will ensure you get your desired yield within an appropriate timeframe.
LED lights will be a great choice if you want to save on electric bills. These, however, will probably be the most expensive option outright. Fluorescent bulbs, on the other hand, are cheaper. But they’ll consume much more energy and you’ll have to change bulb types when moving from the vegetative cycle to flowering. You can get the EnviroGro 4, which will cost you anywhere between €90-120. This is definitely a great option for the vegetative cycle.
Growing your own cannabis is one of the most gratifying experiences a stoner can have. But so many of us are limited by the high-cost the whole operation can entail. But recent developments in the industry have brought this price down! Here is how to grow your weed very inexpensively, both indoors and out.
But if you still find yourself needing extra nutrient supplements, try to use ones made specifically for cannabis. This is important as you’ll be consuming the plant’s yields. If buds are grown with harmful chemicals, your cannabis can end up really hurting your body. In case you find yourself using a generic fertilizer, make sure it’s intended for edible products like vegetables or fruit. This will inform you that it’s ok to light up your bud after feeding it the product.
Within our autoflowering seed catalogue, we feature our great, award-winning Royal Dwarf strain. Not only is this an inexpensive strain, costing you €5.00 per seed, it will also be very easy to grow. Easy in the sense that you won’t need a very big space. It’s called “Dwarf” for a reason. It’s a very compact and short strain, but will still produce up to 200g/m² indoors.
Growing cannabis isn't reserved for the rich ones. Everyone can do it! Learn how you can start growing your own flower for much less than you thought.
I first harvested the Auto Amnesia (absolutely love this strain every time I grow it)
- Just about any organic potting mix will work. Avoid any soil with “slow-release” nutrients unless they’re organic and have been composted into the soil.
- Example: Black Gold Organic Potting Mix (one bag will fill 4 gallons worth of pots, or two 2-gallon pots) – $18
- Premium Alternative: Coco Loco – This is my favorite soil potting mix. My cannabis plants absolutely love this stuff and it’s actually pretty economical. One bag fills 12 gallons, so even though it costs double the cheap option, each bag lasts 3 times as long – $35
- Often cheaper to buy soil in person than online (especially with shipping costs)
Closeup of the Auto Amnesia buds. Pretty thick for growing under a 100W light with 3 other plants!
- 1+ ounces per harvest (2-4 ounces is average)
- Potent high-grade buds of your chosen strain
- Seed to harvest in under 90 days
- As little as $130 to get started (supplies list with links below)
- Electricity: $10/month (for USA average electricity cost of Looking for auto-flowering seed recommendations?.12/kWh)
For the best results with this tutorial…
Nutrients – Switch to flowering nutrients
You got this! Even if you follow just 80% of the directions in this tutorial, if you can keep your plant alive you should easily be able to yield at least 1 ounce!
Did you know you can buy cannabis seeds online and get them shipped to you?
- Auto-flowering Strains – Auto-flowering plants grow buds automatically and are usually ready to harvest in under 90 days from germination. Can be a good choice for a first grow, but auto-flowering seeds are only available from specialized breeders.
- Photoperiod Strains – Most cannabis seeds are photoperiod. If you find seeds, they are likely photoperiod seeds. Photoperiod plants need daily 12-hour dark periods to grow buds (usually done by putting grow lights on a timer). Photoperiod plants typically take between 3-5 months to grow from seed to harvest. Read more on how long it takes to grow weed. Don’t worry if you’ve got photoperiod seeds. This tutorial recommends auto-flowering strains, but I’ve also included instructions for photoperiod plants in the step-by-step directions.
- Feminized seeds – All resulting plants are female, which means they grow buds. I highly recommend starting with feminized seeds for your first grow so every plant produces buds for you.
- Regular seeds (non-feminized) – Half the plants will be male, which grow pollen sacs instead of buds. Male plants are non-potent and make nearby buds seedy. If growing with regular seeds, you should identify and remove male plants as soon as possible.
- Clones are basically small plants and don’t need any special treatment. A clone is usually known to be male or female (ask to be sure it’s female if you want to grow buds!). You can also take clones of your plants and use them as free plants in future grows.
- Bag seeds (seeds you randomly find in buds) can be hit or miss. Some growers get lucky with bagseed, but unknown genetics can be a confidence killer if buds turn out poorly even though you did everything right. Start with trustworthy genetics to help ensure plants are predictable and produce the results you want. Learn more about starting with “found” seeds.
How to Start Growing World-Class Weed for $130 You want to try growing weed but refuse to spend a fortune. You don’t need the biggest harvest ever, but your time or effort must be rewarded with a