Although this technically counts as a replacement rolling paper, it’s so good it deserves a section of its own. The outer layers of an ear of sweetcorn can be dried and used as a natural rolling paper, and probably represents the least harmful option listed so far!
To make a lung, simply use tape to attach a plastic bag to the cut end of the bottle; once secure, scrunch the bag up inside the bottle.
Making substitute pipes is another approach to the problem of being caught out without smoking papers or bong. There are various different ways to achieve this, from using an apple or a bell pepper to constructing ambitious devices out of old electronics and scrap metal.
Mexico and the USA are other countries where cannabis users report use of this method—in the USA, pre-dried corn husks can be purchased in the Mexican section of many large supermarkets, particularly in the South.
Both techniques require a 2-litre (or similar) empty bottle, such as one used to contain water or soft drinks. The bottle must be cut in two, approximately 1/3 of the way up from the bottom. A piece of tin foil shaped to fit the mouth of the bottle and pierced several times to allow airflow is also needed.
Some also prefer to use a straw or a rolled-up piece of paper to inhale the smoke, to avoid getting too close to the source of the heat, but this is not always necessary.
Here they are typically soaked in water briefly prior to rolling, to ensure that their flexibility is maximised.
“Hot-knives” is one of the oldest and most well-known methods of consuming cannabis in the absence of a paper or pipe. It is also one of the simplest—but can potentially be quite dangerous, so great care must be taken especially if already intoxicated! All you need is a heat source such as a gas or electric stove, two knives and some cannabis.
- Then place some cannabis onto the foil ‘gauze’, which should be loosely placed on the mouth of the bottle.
- Use a lighter to burn the cannabis while using your other hand to pull the plastic bag out of the bottle—by doing this you create a vacuum inside the bottle, which causes air (and smoke) to rush into the chamber.
- When the bag is fully extended, remove the foil from the bottle and inhale the smoke from inside the bottle.
- A bucket (also known as a gravity bong) functions similarly, but uses a large (at least 10 litre) bucket filled around 2/3 full with water. The bottle is placed into the bucket and held down so that it does not float up.
- The foil is placed on the mouth of the bottle, cannabis is placed on it and burned, and the bottle is slowly raised up, causing the vacuum inside to become filled with air and smoke.
It happens to the best. You go to roll a joint only to discover there are no smoking papers! What to do? Don't panic we have the best alternatives for you.
If you’re looking to avoid smoke and use cannabis without papers, vaporizers are just the thing.
If you smoke or have a friend who smokes cigarettes, just roll the cigarette gently in your fingers to empty the tobacco out. Once empty, fill the cigarette carefully with weed.
Hookahs originated in India and have spread all over the Ottoman empire, where they became a popular way of smoking tobacco.
Here is a quick guide on how to use a bong:
If you don’t have any of the tools and devices described above, it’s time to find a solution in the things you already have in your home.
First, you need to dry the petals. Preheat your oven and line the petals on the pan. Put the pan in the oven for just 10 seconds so the petals can dry up a bit, but not too much.
Bonus tip: My ultimate personal favorite when it comes to smoking without papers is smoking hashish in the hookah. The process is exactly the same same, but slightly better than weed because hashish burns slower.
The other way is to just simply grind the weed and place it in a bowl.
The second step is to set the right temperature. The average temperature range (and the one you can use) is between 360° and 380° Fahrenheit.
In this article, we will teach you how to get high when you run out of rolling papers by using smoking tools and homemade DIY alternatives.