Softening the internal hurd and exterior fibres first makes the branch more pliable and easily bent. Apply a slight pressure while pinching the branch between thumb and forefinger. Not enough to crush it, but enough to show it who’s boss. Roll gently between your finger and thumb. You will instinctively feel the structure succumb. Young green material softens and bends easily. Older woody or scarred branches need a bit more coaxing. Don’t overdo it and turn it to mush, just noticeably weaken the spot.
Super cropping should be performed the moment the plants differentiate. This gives the new flower structures on the underside of the branch the opportunity to bend up to the light right from the start. It is done a number of times in the same spot to the same flower cluster, ensuring the bud is trained horizontally. Cannabis heals surprisingly quickly. The buds will try and return to their original position the moment they have been treated. Being overly gentle or not brutal enough, if you like, means the buds will certainly return to their original upright aspect.
Quite simply super cropping involves snapping the bud bearing branches just below the flower cluster. When done well the bud will lie to one side and expose one side of the flower cluster to the light. The bud may seem disturbingly unsupported, but the plant will rally overnight. The idea is to expose the complete length of the bud to light. In this way the whole of each florette of calyxes gets more light during the flower cycle, rather than being shaded by its neighbours. More light means more growth which means more flowers and resin.
Cannabis responds well to being stressed. One tried and true technique for vigorous growth and extra flowering is super cropping. Royal Queen Seeds explains the simple steps to heavier buds with super cropping.
Tying the super cropped buds into the new position with generic garden ties guarantees they stay where they are told. Tie the branch on the trunk side of the scar, not the bud side. Over time, when you develop a feel for the technique, there will be less need for tying down as every bend is perfect.
Fortunately for marijuana fans the cannabis plant responds with vigorous growth to a number of types of trauma. Super cropping is probably the oldest and most commonly used positive plant trauma, yield boosting stress technique. When done properly super cropping promotes bigger cola sizes. When done improperly it is simply called “Whoops! I broke it off!”
Super cropping is a yield boosting technique, that you will quite literally need to develop a feel for. Different species have different tolerances and structural strength. Some are very woody and brittle and can break easily. Others can be very forgiving and bend willingly into place with minimal damage. Breaking the structural crispness of a branch so that it sags is something you need to experience to understand.
It isn’t really understood why super cropping works, only that it does. The proof is in the smiles on growers’ faces. Most first timers usually experiment on one plant and can’t wait for the next grow to super crop all their plants. Results are noticeable, with a capital noticeable.
A little too much pressure can easily cleanly break a branch or snap it off completely. In case of emergency, don’t panic! Cannabis is a virulent plant and will recover 95% of the time, if an accidentally amputated branch is taped back together before the leaves droop. There is a good chance of success. Similarly, if a branch is broken and the bud is hanging upside down. Take a splint or use wide tape to fix it back into position.
Super cropping cannabis can substantially increase cannabis yields at harvest. Learn more here.
Great ways to increase yield.
3. LST (Low Stress Training) This is a good way to start increasing your yield if u don’t quite trust yourself with topping or super cropping your plants.The key to LST is to create a horizontal plane of buds so that they all get the same light and grow at the same rate. You end up with a bush of many colas instead of the traditional Christmas tree bud plant with one main cola.
3. Adding CO2 : Growth rates can be increased dramatically if the CO2 level is near 1500 ppm, which is “Ideal” for marijuana plants.(my opinion) The air outside is around 300 ppm, at 2000 your plants can burn, and at 4,900 ppm death will be coming. (Plants Burn) 5000 ppm (Death) CO2 is quickly used around a marijuana leaf and needs to be replaced every few minutes for a rapid growth. With having all the ideal factors of your temp, ventilation, circulation, and a air-tight grow room you can expect gains around 30% and I have heard of up to 50%. CO2 can set you back an easy $200-$500 dollars to get started.
now i have yet to over super crop a plant.. i have counted up to 35 tops on one plant before i stopped counting. so don’t be afraid your plant will suffer.. yes, it does cause some stress.. but relatively little.. as long as the stems aren’t breaking or tops are getting torn off the plant will be just fine.
Tie the main growth tip down so that the plant will release hormones that cause all the other growth tips to start functioning like the main cola. This way gives the ability to tie shade leaves out of the way to get more direct light to the bud sites.
2. Method of Growing : I would use some form of Hydroponics. I feel hydroponics is far better then growing in soil because you can give your plants the maximum levels of nutrients possible to gain higher yields at a faster rate.(Precise control of your nutrients is Key) I use a Ebb and Flow hydroponic system and get Killer results. You can buy a Ebb and Flow system for around $250 dollars or you can check out this video on How to build your own ebb n flow system for under $50 dollars.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k4OC4KPFsg
There are many ways to LST using steaks, chicken wire screens are common, many other I probably don’t know about. Makes sure if u tie down your plant you loop the knot LOOSELY around the branch and its not cutting off the food supply to that branch. And when u make your first tie makes sure your stock (the main stem on the plant) is secure and isn’t leaning.
Here are some tips and techniques to help u start working toward HUGE yields
1. Lighting : To help out in the lighting department try a Light Track. This will help with eliminating those shaded areas and allow for more uniform growth and development with your marijuana plants. You can now cover twice the growing coverage with the same light. The price will set you back $100-$500 dollars depending on the model you chose.
2. Super cropping is a great way to increase yield with topping and without topping your plant.The greatest thing about super cropping is that it can be don”t multiple times during vegetative growth and causes little if any growth disruption. i would stop super cropping a few days before switching to flowering though.. to allow the plant to recover fully for flower.
Pick the spot to super crop.. Ideally you want 3 to 5 node sets before starting.. start in between the top two nodes. To begin with. As the super cropping works and more and more branches appear at the top of the plant you can do more and more branches. Between your thumb and pointer finger you want to gently crush the stem. Yes that is an oxymoron of sorts. the main thing is you don’t want to sever the plant when doing this.. So care should be taken. You will feel the stem give way when done.
once the stem is soft bend it over so it lays flat. if when you go to bend it the stem is still stiff just simply work the stem between your fingers to soften it more. it should bend easily when done.. if there are small vertical tears in the stem it will be ok. nothing on the plant will die.. just do the best you can to not break the stems!!now let the plant go.. over the next few days the top will begin to upright itself.. over time you will notice the lower growth growing upwards more and more. The more you super crop during vegetative growth more the results will be!! The more tops you have the more tops you can do.its important to remember that super cropping will cause your plants to be quite bushy. in smaller places this can be a problem.. just take that into consideration as you are super cropping.
Great ways to increase yield!!! Here are some tips and techniques to help u start working toward HUGE yields :character0029: 1. Lighting : To help out in…