You should avoid a few things to successfully ship marijuana:
- You should not decide to ship marijuana for recreational purposes. Moreover, remember that no country authorizes the smoking of marijuana for medical purposes. In EU countries, production, distribution and use of marijuana are strictly prohibited. They don’t support weed as they know it’s a bit difficult to detox from weed .
- You must find out about which marijuana-based medicines and CBD products are authorized in the EU countries.
- Check if any certain documentation is needed when shipping CBD products or legal marijuana products.
- Don’t forget to ask courier company about the best packaging practices.
We can’t blame people, given the fact that the information on this matter is scarce and there is still a lot of confusion on whether it is legal or not to ship marijuana products abroad. A distinction needs to be drawn between the marijuana used for its psychoactive effects from medical marijuana.
This is a guest post by Mary Walton
- Cardboard Boxes:You should ship your products in cardboard boxes. Try to find a box without tear or dents and new.
- Bubble Wrap: This gives you better protection in case you are shipping flacons of marijuana-based products.
- Plastic Sealed Bags: This will give your product protection against dirt, possible leakage, and humidity.
- Packing Peanuts: You should use this to fill in the empty space left in the box.
- Adhesive Tape and Scissors: After doing the packing this will help you to seal the package.
To be on the safe side, you have to make sure that you know everything about the national laws thoroughly before mailing marijuana products. Check if a certain authorization or a medical prescription needed to ship cannabis products. You should also keep in mind that some countries forbid the shipping of medical prescriptions themselves. Before shipping, take into account the following:
- Don’t use previous packages or careless wrappings
- Remember to mask the smell
- You should spell names or addresses correctly
- Don’t write false return addresses and nonexistent zip codes
- Never heavily tape the package
- Don’t use excess markings on the package
- Avoid restrictive markings such as confidential, do not x-ray
- Don’t use a common type of sender or receiver (like John Smith)
Legal medical and recreational marijuana marketplace continues to grow day by day. So, shipping marijuana internationally is becoming more popular. But don’t be fooled, be careful about shipping marijuana. Keep in mind all the rules and restrictions before thinking about marijuana shipping.
Marijuana products have long been used for medical treatments. But marijuana is not legal in all countries, whereas some states made it legal. Because of the legal regulations in different countries, which prohibit the use of illegal marijuana, a lot of people frown at the possibility of shipping marijuana products abroad.
The trend of marijuana legalization opens opportunity for shipping cannabis products internationally, but what do you need to know in order to ship marijuana?