– Once the water has finished evaporating, you should be able to hold it up side down and smell it to make sure you dont smell any alcohol
SECRET #3 (NO HEAT EVAPORATION)
– Pour you trichome laden isopropyl in a pyrex dish, WASH A in one pyrex dish and WASH B in another ( dont combined them)
– Place a stocking over the pyrex dish, to ensure dust/ floaties, dont blow into your oil
– Place a 6″ fan over each pyrex dish to begin evaporating the alcohol (18-24 hours)
– Towards the end of evaporation you product will seem milky, thats ok its just water left in the oil, so dont dump it out!
Been making a bunch of different batches of QWISO lately using the same strain to get accurate results. I usually use 7 – 14 grams per batch. I only do 2 washes, A & B washes. 91% ISO ( thats the highest around town), coffee grinded (ONLY 1 QUICK PRESS) that way it doesnt get too finely broke up (that with cause chlorophyll to be extract much easier, which we don’t want!). Put your bud in a glass mason jar!
THIS WASH SHOULD BE PREFORMED IN: 1 MINUTE OR UNDER (BE QUICK)
PUT ON GLOVES
Prep: remove drainage jar from freezer, place mason jar funnel on the jar, place 1 presoaked coffee filter inside funnel and the re-usable coffee filter inside the presoaked filter. Have your 4″ metal strainer on stand-by. (BE QUICK, WE WANT EVERYTHING TO STAY FROZEN)
-OK, remove bud and iso from your freezer (ARE YOUR GLOVES ON? HEAT FROM YOUR HANDS WARM THINGS UP, WEAR GLOVES)
– pour enough Isopropyl to cover the bud up (2:1 ratio- ISO:BUD)
– 20 second soak, 20-30 second swirl/swish
– IMMEDIATLY POUR THROUGH METAL STRAINER, CATCHING THE BUD IN THE METAL STRAINER AND THE LIQUID INTO THE COFFEE FILTER’s
– Your bud should NOT be pourd into coffee filters ( PLACE STRAINED BUD BACK INTO FREEZER)
– PLACE BACK INTO FREEZER, while filtering into mason jar.
– While WASH A is filtering in the freezer, we will start on WASH B.
If you did it wrong, your WASH B will look green( thats chlorophyll, bad). Theres nothing you can do to remove chlorophyll, that I know of.
REPEAT EVERYTHING AS YOU DID IN WASH A, EXCEPT.
– Use 2 presoaked coffee filters and the reusable coffee filter
– 10 second soak; 20-30 second swirl/ swich
– DISCARD PLANT MATTER DOWN THE TOILET OR INTO THE COMPOST PILE (DON’T THROW THE BUD IN YOUR TRASH CAN! POLICE GO THROUGH TRASH TO GET RAID WARRANTS)
Until your ready to go, leave everything in the freezer!
SECRET #2 (GET YOUR BUD OUT OF THE ISOPROPYL ASAP!!)
It’s not really a secret hence the “quick wash”, but alot of people still leave it in too long resulting in alot of chlorophyll in the end product.
Shaking harder and/or longer is not going to make more trichomes appear, so dont do that.
Trust me, when the plant matter is below freezing, a gentle swirl and the below freezing alcohol and will knock your precious trichomes off real quick.
Here’s a list of everything you’ll need.
– 3 coffee filters(unbleached)( 1 for A wash: 2 for B wash)(PRESOAK WITH ALCOHOL FOR EFFICENT DRAINAGE)
– 1 Reusable coffee filter
– 4″ metal strainer
– rubber spatula
– mason jar funnel
– razor blades (5-10)
– scraper for razor blades
– 2 pyrex dishes
– 2 pantyhose
– 2 – 6″ Fans
– oil slick silicone baking mat
Been making a bunch of different batches of QWISO lately using the same strain to get accurate results. I usually use 7 – 14 grams per batch. I only do 2…
Edibles are a healthier way of consuming hash oil as opposed to smoking – the latter is the best way to experience THC’s psychoactive effects. Having it in a tincture, on the other hand, is a very handy and convenient way of having it.
However, if you don’t want your QWISO to be too potent, you can bypass the oven and just let the alcohol evaporate until no traces of liquid are left behind.
With so many tried and true methods for extracting key cannabinoids like CBD and THC out of cannabis plants, it’s fair to say that the marijuana extract world is practically a rabbit hole.
Ways of Using QWISO
1. Once your plant material is frozen, place it in the Mason jar, pour alcohol over it – make sure the bud is completely bathed in it.
Combine the ingredients and let them cook on low heat for 30 minutes. Just don’t let the mixture bubble. Let it cool off for a few minutes and then let it sit in your freezer overnight. The next day you will notice that the hash butter has risen to the top. Remove it from the water and use a small amount of hash butter on a slice of toast to initially determine what does is right for you.
4. Finally, you’re going to cook your extract in the oven until it reaches boiling point – that’s just under 83°C – and you’ll be left with a nice and potent oil that’s rich in THC. Wait for it to reach room temperature.
3. Now drain the solvent in a glass bowl because we’ll need to flush the solid plant matter in the plastic storage container. Time to bring those coffee filters into the picture as they will be needed to strain the mixture at least a few times.
Over the years, cannabis users have come up with a number of clever ways to consume the active compounds in the herb. Extracts, as opposed to straight up buds or flowers, are a highly potent form of marijuana, and widely consumed for not only their powerful euphoric highs but also me …