List of products tagged as Purple cannabis strains in the Alchimia Grow catalogue. Do you like purple buds? ✨ Then don't miss this section ✅ We have the best purple genetics selected for you. The THC percent is not the only reason why people love Grandmommy Purple from Herbies Seeds. It’s also tasty and gorgeous!
Purple cannabis strains
Some cannabis strains are especially known for acquiring beautiful colours, normally at the end of the bloom stage.
Unlike others, which develop yellow-brown colours when chlorophyll degrades, some genetics acquire purple, bluish, reddish and even black hues.
Despite colour is a genetic trait, it can also be subject to environmental factors like cold temperatures at the end of the flowering period. Low temperatures promote the production of anthocyanins, the family of vegetable pigments responsible for the colour of blueberries, blackberries, cherries, black grapes, eggplants, etc.
Proper flushing of nutrients at the end of bloom also allows the plant to show its most beautiful colours while improving the quality of the harvest.
Purple marijuana strains
Except in specific cases, these beautiful colors are only shown at the end of bloom, so plants remain green during growth and early stages of the flowering period.
Each seed produces a unique individual – phenotype – so it should be noted that it is possible to find purple plants and green plants among seeds from the same strain.
Sometimes, only leafs turn purple, while other times perhaps we only find purple pistils or buds. Of course, we can also find completely purple phenotypes, both leafs and buds.
In this category you’ll find all the purple strains of our catalog, so you can enjoy beautiful and coloured crops in your garden.
Purple weed has caught our attention since we first saw it, that happened to all of us. The strains that acquire shades of dark color can be for genetic or environmental reasons, or both at the same time. In this section we are going to compile the best purple cannabis strains in the world, both regular and feminized photodependent, autoflowering and rich in CBD. Do you want to take a look at them? Keep reading.
Who hasn’t heard of Purple Haze? And Purple Kush? Because purple cannabis strains have always been trendy, a color that is synonymous with quality and exclusivity. Within the Purple Kush genetics you can choose from many seed formats, landraces, regular, feminized, autoflowering and with high levels of CBD. I know it’s not easy to choose, since everybody doesn’t know these plants in depth, but don’t worry, this section is precisely for that, to see the differences between one and the other so you can choose in the best way, so take a good look.
Purple landrace plant seeds
Marijuana plants with purple flowers and leaves have always been there, since among the pure or landrace varieties there are a few. If you are a true puritan, preferring the pure genetic and the purple weed, here is a list of some of the best ones:
- Pakistan Chitral Kush: The best-selling pure purple strain nowadays. Very easy to cultivate, it is used to arid lands and little irrigation, so it is very strong. Recommended for inexperienced people because of its strength, to puritans because of its genetics, and to lovers of crosses because of its value for breeding. The effect of Mexican strains is unique, euphoric, joyful, motivational, antidepressant. In other words, a weed to enjoy good times with friends, to party, to laugh, etc. The taste is very pleasant, it is fast and its production is above the average of pure sativas. Another pure sativa, but this one is equatorial, that is to say, of those of effect without roof, stimulating, physically active, inspiring, and very psychoactive. As a breeding tool, it is a rough diamond, which has not been used practically to produce modern hybrids. The plants from Morocco can be considered hybrids, since they descend from the sativas but really behave like indicas. Like those from Pakistan or Afghanistan, Moroccans handle stress very well, making them ideal for beginners in growing.
Purple indica genetics in regular seed
If you prefer regular seeds, and you are thinking of cultivating purple cannabis plants, you are in luck my friend, because I have prepared a few commercial strains that are still offered in regular format, and stand out for their purple tones.
: A classic in the Dutch Passion catalogue, and one of the first 100% purple stable seeds on the Dutch market. It has Afghan blood, so it usually offers great yields without much care. If you want a plant of simple culture and high production, here it is. : It is probably the most famous colorful cannabis genetics in the world. In its DNA there are Thai and Mexican genes, so it is not entirely indica, but mostly it is, especially in the effect and its appearance. This plant must be cultivated at least once in a lifetime. : Crossing of Indicas created by Cannabiogen almost 20 years ago now. It is one of the few commercial varieties containing genetics from Morocco. The ease of cultivation, the relaxing effect, its great taste and good production are two of its best qualities. : This plant has everything you could ask for, fast, tasty, hard, and above all beautiful, a beauty. One of the muses of the great Subcool, sadly disappeared recently, so if you want to try this American jewel before they take it away you can book it now.
Regular purple sativa varieties
They are a rare occurrence within marijuana strains, but there are also commercial sativa genetics seeds, intense colors, and regular format. Below you can see 4 of the best examples in this category:
- Purple Bud: This Seedsman plant is supposedly related to the mythical California Purps, so you can imagine the quality of its genes. Very striking buds, with a great contrast between the dark flowers and the big white and shiny resin. : To date, the pure variety with the highest THC percentage found is Malawi. ACE Seeds’ breeders crossed it with another legendary and powerful sativa, the Purple Haze, and now you can test the results with these extraordinary regular seeds.
- Purple Apollo: Apollo 13 is a mythical genetics very difficult to find in the original version. But luckily Subcool used it to create many new crosses, they were even able to market the purple version of Apollo 13, with its best qualities, but in purple. : A THC bomb as its name says, too powerful perhaps, one of those that need more experience for its use than for growing. These seeds are also the fusion of 2 very productive plants, Big Bud and Pure Power Plant, a South African sativa.
Feminized purple indica weed seeds
If you’ve only been growing for a short time, have little room to grow, or just want to put in the right seeds, choose the feminized ones. With the females you won’t have to remove males, so you’ll only spend what you need. In this section you can see the best purple feminized seeds in the market.
: You will see it in the best clinics in the USA and Canada, because Purple Kush is synonymous with elite weed. Now you can also grow it with the best quality/price ratio on the market, thanks to the feminized version of PEV Bank Seeds.
- Purple Queen: Incredible combination of Indicas created by Royal Queen Seeds, Hindu Kush x Purple Afghan. Another special strain for inexperienced growers, because it can withstand anything. To some extent of course, don’t go peeing in the pot.
- Ayahuasca Purple: 100% indica, purple and feminized, but also productive and super fast, and why not say it, surprisingly original, because Barney’s has us used to more commercial varieties. Try this different weed and boast of exclusivity. : It is parental to Grandaddy Purple, who in turn is parental to current monsters like Purple Punch or Girl Scout Cookies among others. Dinafem brings it to us in a feminized version, so you no longer have any excuse not to cultivate this intense purple indica genetic line.
Purple sativa strains in a feminized version
Do you prefer sativas and you want it to be feminized and purple? Don’t be afraid, there’s everything from sativa hybrids to pure sativas. Here below I leave you a few marijuana strains that meet those requirements.
Predominantly sativa hybrid, huge potency, attractiveness, only suitable for alien level users. But it is not good only for its effect, it produces really well, both flowers and resin, its purple appearance is hypnotic, and the taste will hook you. Undoubtedly the most famous purple cannabis genetics, especially for the song of Jimmy Hendrix, but also for its outstanding quality. Very cerebral effect, dense smoke like few others, sweet taste, incense and full of nuances, and this version adapted to indoor cultivation. A variety like Moby Dick had to have its purple version, but not just any old one, it has to have the same qualities that made the great white whale of Dinafem famous, but with purple tones, and here it is.
- Purple Paro Valley: You didn’t know any cannabis plants from Bhutan, did you? Well, this is Purple Paro Valley, from the valley that gives it its name. A plant with a very sweet taste, more than acceptable production, and impressive purple colors.
Best Purple autoflowering varieties
Autoflowering strains are among the best-selling marijuana seeds, because you can grow them anywhere and practically anytime. Also, they are the easiest to grow, go unnoticed, and in this case have the most striking colors you can imagine.
- Blueberry Auto: The Blueberry auto variety can acquire colors during its flowering and maturation ranging from red to black through virtually all shades of blue, and of course, purple as well. Fruity and earthy flavor, great yield of buds and high resistance. One of the first autoflowering females with dark tones. Created by Pyramid seeds, it is a quite compact and discreet plant, which develops very fast, and in flowering it gives off a deep sweet and fruity aroma, you will like it. Automatic version of one of the varieties of the moment. It seems that the team at Barney’s Farm has done a great job, because the Purple Punch Auto seems to have inherited the most remarkable traits of the original plant.
- Buddha Purple Kush Auto: Great work by Buddha Seeds with the Pakistan Chitral Kush to make it autoflowering maintaining its poise, aroma, effect, and its intense colors. From this line all the red line by sweet seeds came out, so you can get an idea of its importance.
CBD-rich and purple varieties
Over the past few years we’ve seen many cannabidiol-rich strains come on the market. However, there are still not many strains with high levels of CBD, but if this is what you are looking for don’t worry, here you can see some of them:
The most extensive, expensive and laborious breeding work that the Dinafem seed bank has done to date. More than 500 duly labelled plant analyses were required to stabilise this purple, tasty, medicinal and very resinous strain.
- Purplediol Auto CBD: Must be the pinnacle of cannabis breeding, as this genetics is 100% stable throughout, feminized, autoflowering, rich in CBD, purple. Another great creation of Elite Seeds, a seed bank expert in minority cannabinoids. Dinafem specialized in feminized varieties with high CBD values. Now it is also obtaining seeds of plants which produce very little THC, and among these the Dinamed Kush CBD Auto stands out for its tonalities and its Kush taste. Royal Queen Seeds also presented its own autoflowering purple and rich in cannabidiol seeds. These are special seeds for novice growers who want medical purple cannabis, as they are really easy to grow and will get good results.
Curious facts about Purple cannabis
The color purple, red, blue, violet, etc. is due to the anthocyanins, which are water-soluble pigments belonging to the flavonoid group. The plant produces them for different reasons, the most common being cold, since anthocyanins protect plants against frost.
In the varieties that come out green and others of dark tones, the green phenotype is usually more powerful, but the dark one is usually tastier, and this can be related to the previous point, since the flavonoids are also responsible for the aroma and flavor.
In the ’60s and ’70s, purple weed was in high demand and was very well priced. Back then it was a peculiarity and the dark colors in cannabis buds were synonymous with exclusivity. Now there are many varieties available, but it is still highly valued, so choose well and enjoy your purple smoke.
Purple marijuana seeds for sale
These are just a few suggestions for different versions of purple cannabis plants. But in Pevgrow you’ll find whatever you’re looking for, and at the best price on the market, so don’t wait any longer and take whatever you want.
Leave us your opinion or ask us any questions you have about this category and participate in the draw!
Among all of you who comment or send us your questions there will be a bimonthly draw for a 50 euros voucher to buy in Pevgrow. What are you waiting for? Write now and participate!
33 Percent THC Grandmommy Purple from Herbies Seeds is Blowing Up the Market!
The THC percent is not the only reason why people love Grandmommy Purple from Herbies Seeds. It’s also tasty and gorgeous!
Herbies Seeds is blowing up the market this year with its hot new line of cannabis seeds. One variety in particular has been taking the cannabis world by storm: Grandmommy Purple, an Indica-dominant strain that redefines relaxation.
Before digging into why Grandmommy Purple should be the next strain on your grow list, let’s talk about Herbies Seeds. Already a well-established seed retailer in the cannabis market, Herbies has cracked the code of what a modern grower wants:
- Herbies website is user-oriented, with sleek design and simple order placement process (registration is not necessary).
- It sends seeds worldwide and offers several payment and shipment options, including safe stealth shipping.
- All buyers get to benefit from 24/7 customer support and nice bonuses added to all orders, including free seeds.
Herbies has been making waves this year after branching out into producing its own potent and tasty genetics. The company has applied knowledge of weed consumers’ needs by teaming up with Spanish breeders to pump out a new line of seeds last May and another one later in August. Don’t worry, you’ll get an introduction to all of the Herbies’ different strains later in this article.
All About Grandmommy Purple
Herbies’ newly-released Grandmommy Purple is already a hit among customers—over the last few months, the seeds have rapidly risen to stardom as the currently best-selling variety in the Herbies store. What makes this strain so prolific, you might ask?
Spanish breeders have put their heads together to create a new phenotype from parents Big Bud and Purple Urkle. Truly a powerful combination, the resulting Grandmommy Purple is an Indica-dominant (80 percent) hybrid with skyscraping potency ranging from 28 to 33 percent THC—a level that very few strains in the world reach.
It might just be love at first sight—your eyes won’t know what to focus on first! The buds are a light to emerald green accented with a healthy dusting of sparkling trichomes and bright orange hairs. The sugar-topped leaves, tinged with reddish-purple tones reminiscent of fall, complete the bouquet.
These Grandmommy Purple seeds were made for growers searching for a no-fuss strain. Feminized to guarantee that seedlings will grow up to be female, the seeds mature into small plants indicative of their Indica genetics. Growing to a maximum average height of 40 to 140cm (15.5 to 55 inches), commercial and hobby growers alike will be pleased with these ladies’ yields of 500g/m 2 (1.6oz/ft 2 ) indoors and up to 550g (19.4oz) per plant outdoors. In just 60 to 65 days of flowering, you’ll be graced with dense, sticky nugs of beautiful cannabis.
Sure, Grandmommy Purple’s not the biggest plant on the block, but this is one of those situations where size doesn’t matter. As we mentioned earlier, the 28 to 33 percent THC content of this strain is truly out of this world, and that’s what makes her the star of the show. The buds that grow from this Herbies strain are dense and sticky with resin—amazing rolled up to smoke, but even better when set aside for vaporizing or making concentrates.
Even though Grandmommy Purple was released not that long ago, the reviews on the first grown and harvested plants keep coming in. On Growdiaries, one reviewer says “She is looking amazing… such wonderful strain to work with,” while another grower adds, “In flower, she showed awesome pink/dark purple colors and a great scent. Buds were dense and stuffed with trichomes. Just perfect for me. Pictures can’t show her real beauty. From me, 10 out of 10.”
After putting in the hard work and patience of growing, harvesting, drying and curing… it’s time to enjoy some Grandmommy Purple! Combustion introduces a pungent scent highlighted by a mellow sweetness, like wild berries harvested from the forest. Her fruity terpene profile is also evident in the flavors of the smoke—a sweet respite tasting of fruity hard candies. With each puff, you’ll feel like you’re dipping your hands into the bowl of sweets in Grandma’s living room.
It won’t be long before the effects of Grandmommy Purple start to envelop you like a handmade quilted blanket. Her Indica-heavy ancestry makes for a clear-headed euphoric experience punctuated by deep-seated relaxation. Ready to cuddle under the blankets on the couch watching a movie? Or are you simply ready to crawl into bed? Whatever your weekend chill-out plans are, Grandmommy Purple’s elevated entourage effect will always achieve the perfect state of medicated relaxation.
Without a doubt, Herbies Seeds has knocked it out of the park with this strain!
Grandmommy Purple is a wonderful addition to any cannabis enthusiast’s seed collection, and is only one of the reasons why you should turn to Herbies Seeds for the hottest new strains.
Why You Should Check Out Herbies
What else does Herbies Seeds have to offer? Aside from a massive catalog of thousands of cannabis strains from seed banks all around the world, Herbies’ very own seed bank has been gaining traction since its release earlier this year. Their branded strains are already being actively discussed online—fans of Herbies are sharing their successes on social platforms like Reddit and Growdiaries, where strains from Herbies seeds have already surpassed 30 diaries with an average strain score of 9.5 out of 10!
The selection is extremely well-rounded—there’s a strain here for everyone —photoperiods and autoflowers, genetics with high THC levels and fruity terpene profiles, the ones for buds drowning in resin or for branches heavy with rock-solid flowers, you name it!
Herbies Seeds is turning heads with all of these fantastic new cannabis seed varieties, especially because they cater to the needs of home growers everywhere. What better way to find your next favorite strain than to grab a Herbies Seeds mix pack and decide for yourself? They’ve certainly proved themselves as a seed bank that won’t disappoint. If you don’t know what to start from in exploring Herbies’ line of seeds, we also recommend giving a try to Godzilla Cookies Auto, an autoflower with large yields of 27 percent THC bud, or mood-enhancing, orange-flavored 30 percent THC Mimosa Shot.
What Are You Waiting For?
The launch of Herbies’ very own seed bank has been incredibly exciting news for growers of all skill levels. It’s almost impossible to choose a favorite strain from Herbies… almost. It’s hard not to fall in love with Grandmommy Purple—a strain that’s incredibly potent while somehow also as sweet as pie. You might find yourself torn between keeping the buds whole for their gorgeous bag appeal or taking advantage of all that sticky resin for ultra- potent concentrate.
Any way you swing it, Herbies Seeds is already proving to be a producer of quality cannabis seed varieties. It seems there’s only one way to go from here: higher and higher! Check out the Herbies website for an extensive catalog of all things cannabis seeds. Trust us, your garden will thank you.