If you prefer to smoke it in a joint or spliff, add a little hash oil on top of your cannabis while rolling it up.
2. Close the lid properly and give the jar a good shake for 30 seconds, minimum. This 30-second shake is what actually defines QWISO as a ‘quick wash’ extract – because this time is sufficient to extract all those trichomes, while leaving behind that harsh-tasting chlorophyll.
This ensures that all the solid plant matter has been properly removed, before you can place the clear, green-looking liquid under the sun, that’s been left behind. This should be done for at least 24-48 hours so that the alcohol can evaporate. Even though isopropyl alcohol is extremely inflammable, it can evaporate on its own and you will typically not need any further intervention.
With so many tried and true methods for extracting key cannabinoids like CBD and THC out of cannabis plants, it’s fair to say that the marijuana extract world is practically a rabbit hole.
Over the years, cannabis users have come up with a number of clever ways to consume the active compounds in the herb.
Ways of Using QWISO
Extracts, as opposed to straight up buds or flowers, are a highly potent form of marijuana, and widely consumed for not only their powerful euphoric highs but also medicinal benefits.
How to Make QWISO Extract
Depending on your personal preferences, you can consume QWISO in a spliff, joint or oil rig. Smoking ISO oil in an oil rig is the same as smoking other wax dabs with the aid of a rig.
Over the years, cannabis users have come up with a number of clever ways to consume the active compounds in the herb. Extracts, as opposed to straight up buds or flowers, are a highly potent form of marijuana, and widely consumed for not only their powerful euphoric highs but also me …
If you did it wrong, your WASH B will look green( thats chlorophyll, bad). Theres nothing you can do to remove chlorophyll, that I know of.
OK if you did everything right, WASH A should look almost clear with a slight golden tint. WASH B should look darker almost dark golden/brown.
SECRET #3 (NO HEAT EVAPORATION)
– Pour you trichome laden isopropyl in a pyrex dish, WASH A in one pyrex dish and WASH B in another ( dont combined them)
– Place a stocking over the pyrex dish, to ensure dust/ floaties, dont blow into your oil
– Place a 6″ fan over each pyrex dish to begin evaporating the alcohol (18-24 hours)
– Towards the end of evaporation you product will seem milky, thats ok its just water left in the oil, so dont dump it out!
Until your ready to go, leave everything in the freezer!
IF DRAINAGE SLOW DOWN YOU CAN GENTLY, GENTLY TWIST AND SWEEZE THE COFFEE FILTER.
THIS WASH SHOULD BE PREFORMED IN: 1 MINUTE OR UNDER (BE QUICK)
PUT ON GLOVES
Prep: remove drainage jar from freezer, place mason jar funnel on the jar, place 1 presoaked coffee filter inside funnel and the re-usable coffee filter inside the presoaked filter. Have your 4″ metal strainer on stand-by. (BE QUICK, WE WANT EVERYTHING TO STAY FROZEN)
-OK, remove bud and iso from your freezer (ARE YOUR GLOVES ON? HEAT FROM YOUR HANDS WARM THINGS UP, WEAR GLOVES)
– pour enough Isopropyl to cover the bud up (2:1 ratio- ISO:BUD)
– 20 second soak, 20-30 second swirl/swish
– IMMEDIATLY POUR THROUGH METAL STRAINER, CATCHING THE BUD IN THE METAL STRAINER AND THE LIQUID INTO THE COFFEE FILTER’s
– Your bud should NOT be pourd into coffee filters ( PLACE STRAINED BUD BACK INTO FREEZER)
– PLACE BACK INTO FREEZER, while filtering into mason jar.
– While WASH A is filtering in the freezer, we will start on WASH B.
REPEAT EVERYTHING AS YOU DID IN WASH A, EXCEPT.
– Use 2 presoaked coffee filters and the reusable coffee filter
– 10 second soak; 20-30 second swirl/ swich
– DISCARD PLANT MATTER DOWN THE TOILET OR INTO THE COMPOST PILE (DON’T THROW THE BUD IN YOUR TRASH CAN! POLICE GO THROUGH TRASH TO GET RAID WARRANTS)
SECRET #2 (GET YOUR BUD OUT OF THE ISOPROPYL ASAP!!)
It’s not really a secret hence the “quick wash”, but alot of people still leave it in too long resulting in alot of chlorophyll in the end product.
Shaking harder and/or longer is not going to make more trichomes appear, so dont do that.
Trust me, when the plant matter is below freezing, a gentle swirl and the below freezing alcohol and will knock your precious trichomes off real quick.
– Once the water has finished evaporating, you should be able to hold it up side down and smell it to make sure you dont smell any alcohol
Been making a bunch of different batches of QWISO lately using the same strain to get accurate results. I usually use 7 – 14 grams per batch. I only do 2…