Basically, you just shake a hash bag full of cannabis + dry ice and piles of resin will start raining out!
This is the 220 Micron dry ice hash
- Dump your (ground up) cannabis and dry ice into the 5-gallon bucket.
- Take the size 73 hash/bubble/pollen bag and fit it over the opening of the bucket, then shake and swirl the bucket around for 3-4 minutes. The process of shaking the cannabis around with dry ice freezes the resin so it starts breaking off from the cannabis and is more easily collected.
- Turn the bucket upside-down, emptying both the dry ice and cannabis into the hash bag, with the mesh side facing down.
- Shake the bag over a clean flat surface.This will cause resin to sift through the mesh part of the bag and fall out onto the surface like it’s raining resin! Keep shaking until you don’t see any resin falling out or you just can’t shake anymore 🙂
- Use your scraper to collect the newly fallen resin into a pile and transfer it into a container of your choice.
- Dump the cannabis and dry ice back into the bucket and repeat steps 2-5 with the size 160 pollen bag. Then again with the 220 bag.
In short, preparation makes your hash easier to sell (which we STRONGLY RECOMMEND AGAINST) and easier to use (if you’re somehow reading this 40 years in the past). In other words, it’s completely unnecessary in our case! We’ll save time and effort by skipping any post-processing, and there are no real drawbacks!
“Primarily, [preparation] makes resin powder a more easily transported and marketed commodity. Secondly, since early-smokers lacked metal pipe screens that could contain raw resin powder during smoking, they made the loose powder into solid pieces, convenient for smoking.”
Alright, enough background and quotes, let’s get started!
We know that collecting the resin is easy with this method, but what about preparation? Let’s go back to ‘Hashish!’ one more time to see why we need ‘resin preparation’:
- It’s faster than other methods.
- You can finish making dry ice hash in about 1/25th of the total time it takes to make gravity hash! Although that example is extreme, it only takes a few minutes to make dry ice hash and is much faster than other methods.
- It’s insanely easy
- And that ease translates to it being quickly gratifying. You get top grade hash at the cost of shaking a bucket and a bag for a combined total of less than 15 minutes.
- There’s no moisture!
- That means the resin is ready as soon as it’s shaken loose!
“Hashish is a psychoactive drug prepared from the resin glands of the female (pistillate) Cannabis plant. […]The idea is to isolate (and thus concentrate) the THC-containing resin in order to make hashish.”
How To Make Dry Ice Hash from Buds/Trim Let’s get straight to it: Making hash with dry ice is the easiest, fastest, and (more importantly) the most efficient means of extracting resin