Plants and certain seeds are listed among prohibited items to ship. Therefore, when shipping seeds via courier service it is necessary to read and understand the regulations and restrictions regarding sale and import of live plants and seeds. And also, the Terms and conditions of the courier provider and the company arranging the courier service. This goes both directions, for the country of pick-up and of delivery.
If you are selling plants seeds and equipment for growing plants, there are certain things you have to take into consideration when shipping seeds to your customers.
During the transport and the handling process your parcel will go through shocks and bolts, therefore it is important to properly protect the original packaging of your seeds. We recommend to follow these steps in order to secure your package:
If you have other questions regarding shipping packages, contact us, our team of logistics specialists will be more than happy to help you.
Growing your own plants is a relaxing hobby and also a useful one. Especially when growing edible plants. One can also order all sorts of seeds online or get some rare ones from abroad. All these need to be sent in mail.
- Wrap the seeds and other items you might be shipping into a bubble wrap and secure it with some duct tape. Wrap each item separately. You can also put wrapped seeds in a plastic bag for extra protection against water or other liquids.
- Fill the bottom of the box with some cushioning materials, when shipping other plant growing equipment. Put your items in the box and fill the rest of the empty space with cushioning material.
- Close the box and seal every opening with tape.
If you decide to ship seeds and equipment for growing plants, packing is very simple. First, you have to book the right courier service. If you need help with this, use Eurosender’s shipment calculator. After this, you will have to select the packaging materials to properly protect your shipment. If you are shipping a larger amount of seeds, that does not fit the padded envelope, you will need:
- Cardboard box, which you can buy at the stationary shop or use an old one from the local supermarket. Make sure it is in good condition, without tears, dents, and holes. The box should be big enough to fit the items and some cushioning materials.
- Bubble wrap and a plastic bag – to protect your shipment.
- Cushioning materials like packing peanuts, crumpled paper etc. for extra protection.
- Scissors and duct tape – to cut materials and seal the package.
Voilà! Your shipment is ready to be picked up by the selected courier driver. Simple!
Do you need to ship seeds to your customers? With Eurosender shipping is simple and reliable. Check our blog to see how to pack seeds for shipping.