Table of Contents
Don’t have a washer? Want to make bubble hash by hand? Learn how below!
Replace steps 2-8 above with these instructions:
- (Old School) Manual Method: Using a spoon or rubber spatula and hand mixing for a while.
- Pros: Cheapest method, needs the least amount of tools.
- Cons: The most physical work and the least efficient.
- Mixer Method: Using a hand mixer with beaters attached, or a hand drill with a paint-mixer or similar tool attached.
- Pros: Many people have most of the tools needed. This method is much easier then hand-mixing and more efficient.
- Cons: Still need a drill or mixer plus a good mixing attachment that’s also long.
- A hash-washing machine (mini washing machines)
- Pros: Easiest method since you don’t have to mix. Also, the most efficient method since all the material is constantly mixed while the machine is on.
- Cons: High initial cost since you have to buy the machine (
Here’s a short video of a washer in action
by Sirius Fourside
Making hash with a drill, mixer or by hand-mixing is the same process as with a washing machine. The only difference is that you will agitate everything with a power tool (or by hand) and pre-filter your hash-water with a 220-micron bag before filtering out your hash.
The cornerstone of making bubble hash is mixing up your weed, water and ice. All three of these methods produce the same quality of bubble hash. It’s the efficiency and amount of work that varies.
Alright, let’s make some bubble hash!
Bubble hash is made by putting weed (or trim) in ice-cold water and agitating it. This causes trichomes to break off the cannabis so you can collect them.