- Any variety of apple
- Knife, stick, key, or screwdriver (anything that can carve a hole)
- A lighter
Gravity bongs are perfect for parties. Not only that, but it also delivers a somewhat smoother hit.
- Box cutter or scissors
- One large plastic bottle
- Aluminum foil
- Prepare an apple. Any kind of apple will do but for the best possible outcome, use a freshly picked one. Twist off the stem to expose the natural bowl shape on top.
- Carve the bowl. Using a knife or a screwdriver, carve a hole from the top part halfway through the apple. To avoid breathing in plant matter, place a small screen on top of the bowl.
- Make the mouthpiece. At the side of the apple, poke another hole to serve as the mouthpiece. It should connect with the first hole made from the top, creating an “L” shaped tunnel within the fruit.
- Carve the carb. Some people prefer bongs with a carb hole. To do that, continue to push the mouthpiece hole all the way through the apple effectively forming an inverted “T” shape tunnel.
The steamroller makes use of discarded paper towel rolls as its main smoking chamber. It is easy to make and equally easy to use. Because it is made of paper, it does have the propensity to burn easily.
Over the years, and mostly for the sheer fun of it, many ingenious DIY pipes have appeared. Others, meanwhile, have put on new twists on the classics.
Perhaps the most recognizable homemade pipe is one crafted using a piece of apple. A timeless classic that has been around forever and remains incredibly popular today. It does not require special tools or anything expensive, and it is easy to make.
“If there is a will, there is a way.” For as long as there is the desire, or the need to use cannabis, there are limitless ways to fashion a homemade pipe.