Alright so this basically boils down to the same thing with most of the smokable fruits and vegetables – take a pencil shove it all the way through the long part of the fruit.
Do you think we missed some great ideas for a makeshift pipe?
Do you know any great ways of making a pipe from ordinary items such as a pen or a soda can?
If you can find a thin piece of bamboo (about 2 inches wide) cut it up so that one end is plugged by the sort-of wood membrane bamboo has, and the other end cleanly cut off — as this will be the mouthpiece.
Take a used toilet paper roll and make 2 or 3 holes on one end of it, and cover that end with a thick cloth and a rubber band over it. The holes you just made will be the place where you will insert your joints or blunts.
Then, make another 2 holes that are perpendicular to the tube, and connect them so that smoke may go through. Congrats you just made the bowl and an air vent.
Drill or cut a ½ inch (1.5 cm) hole on the opposite end and use the remaining pieces of the bamboo stick to carve a small bowl for your pipe which you will then fit in the hole you just made.
It’s important that you do this right and don’t be afraid to use a bit more foil. If you don’t do this part right the tape might melt and then your pipe might get ruined.
- Reusable pipes
- One-and-done pipes which are not to be reused
Pipes are an important staple in the cannabis culture and one of the favorite DIY stoner projects. We teach you how to make 6 unique pipes.
In order to smoke weed out of a pipe, you’re going to need a few essential items to get started. Other than your bowl or pipe, you will need some form of heating element—the most basic one is a lighter.
If the bowl is already lit, feel free to pass it, but let your passing buddy know the bowl is cherried.
Another heating element used often is a glass wand that can be heated to a point where it will vaporize your herb on contact, eliminating combustion smoke altogether while still delivering cannabinoids and flavor through a lighter hit.
With these tips in mind, smoking a bowl should be a walk in the park. Always remember to use proper etiquette when packing a bowl for friends, and make sure you are consuming cannabis in a safe and legal place. Pack a fat one, call some friends, and have at it!
Preparing cannabis for smoking a bowl is essential to maximize airflow through your device and deliver an even smoke. In order to do this, breaking down your herb is a crucial step. Doing this creates a homogenous airflow through the bowl where smoke can pass through evenly.
For larger groups, heavier packed “party bowls” ensure each smoking buddy gets a fresh hit of green herb. Everyone should get a green hit.
Traditionally, pipes used for tobacco smoking were made out of material such as wood, bamboo, or even ceramics. However, cannabis pipes today are widely made using borosilicate glass, as the medium is incredibly versatile.
- Get your pipe, some weed, and a grinder if you have one.
- Loosely grind up your weed—make sure it’s evenly broken down but not too finely ground. Hand pulling your herb is the most basic way to do this, but grinders make this process much easier.
- Put the ground or broken up weed in your pipe. Some pro tips to help maximize airflow:
- Use a stem and/or nice-sized intact calyx to stuff at the very bottom of your bowl to prevent pieces from passing though. You can also use a screen if you have one.
- Pack your herb lightly at the bottom and slightly denser at the top for an even smoke. This allows the cannabis toward the top to maintain a burn—or cherry—while opening up airflow for easy inhalation without clogging.
- Put a flame or other heating element to it and enjoy!
For an intimate session, pack a personal bowl or a “snap” when alone or with one other person. This way, you take turns lighting personally packed micro bowls meant to be consumed in one single hit.
There are many ways to consume cannabis, but none are as well-known as smoking a bowl. Learn how to properly pack and smoke a bowl for your next session.