How windy is the environment where you are vaping. Even a slight draft is enough to prevent you from producing smoke rings. So ensure that you are in a calm environment with light or no movement of air before you try to blow smoke rings.
Blowing smoke rings with the vapors from your vape pen can be fun especially when you want to show off like other vapers. However not everyone has such luck with blowing smoke rings. Here are five reasons why you or your friends may find smoke rings elusive.
Obviously the first thing you need for you to blow smoke rings is a vaping device. The second thing you need is a nice, calm environment because moving air will disrupt the fragile vapor, while still air will allow a smoke ring to grow to its full glory and linger for a while afterwards. Now that you have settled all of that, you are ready to blow smoke rings.
Since your repertoire of trick is tied to your vape’s cloud production, your vape device should be one that properly balances power supply, output, and airflow.
Applying a spin when blowing smoke rings will keep them in shape for much longer than when you don’t. If you just blow vapor in the shape of an “o” without any spin, the “o” will dissipate before it even gets formed.
With this you now know the way your mouth should be shaped and the right amount of vapor you need to push out to get a good ring. Once you have gotten this far ,the next step is to start pushing the vapor out with your tongue or with short breaths .The bigger smoke rings which everyone will admire will only start coming when you master the technique of pushing the vapor with your throat.
There are stages to any skill or trick so we will start with the easiest way to blow smoke rings before you proceed to the more difficult or advanced levels of blowing smoke rings. Start by making a vape ring by taking vapor into your mouth. You then shape your lips into a circle before taping your cheek. Once your mouth is in the right “O” shape, each tap of your cheek will send out a little ring.
You need the right-juice to produce great smoke rings. Why? This is because thicker liquids lead to thicker clouds and great smoke rings by extension. That is why you should use the right PG/VG ratio for your e-liquid.
The preferred device for this level of vaping is a box mod that’s powered by two or more batteries although recent models of single and internal battery mods have sufficient power. For lots of advanced cloud chasers, unregulated devices are preferred because RDA’s tend to work the best. Vaporesso Delta and Luxe deserve a try.
Blowing a smoke ring is a fundamental trick in the vapers trick arsenal. Learn how with our simple how to guide.
After you feel comfortable with the more basic tricks, you can start working your way through the more advanced ones. These can take several months to master, so don’t get frustrated if you don’t learn these as easily as you may have learned the basic tricks.
Once you’ve gotten down the basic motions of O’s, practice, practice, practice! The more you practice, the sooner you’ll have this trick down and can move on to the next ones. Here are some more vape tricks that are relatively easy for beginners to master:
2. French Inhale. This move is also known as the “Irish Waterfall” and was made famous by rappers Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa. To begin, take a hit but don’t inhale the vapor. Let it settle in your mouth and then slowly open your mouth, stick out your bottom jaw, and let the vapor flow out naturally while inhaling through your nose.
1. Colored vape smoke. If you’re handy with digital effects tools, this one’s for you. It’s technically not a trick, but it’s a great enhancement for vape trick videos. There are also mods available commercially that contain LED lights to color your vape clouds.
Step 1: Mouth Shape and Lip Formation. Just having your mouth in the shape of an “O” isn’t going to do the trick. You have to keep your lips tightened and pushed back toward your teeth rather than pursed outward. You’ll need to practice to get not only the correct force, but the right amount of “O” shape to properly create the rings. Size matters here, too. If your lips are opened too wide or not wide enough, the vapor will just come out in a stream as it does when you normally exhale. To find the best size for your mouth, open it as wide as you can while still keeping that “O” shape, and then take that size down by half.
Step 3: The Cough Method. Rather than simply exhaling the vapor, “coughing” it out is a much more effective way to make good, solid O’s. Once your mouth and tongue are in place, cough very lightly using your throat and vocal cords, making a soft “uh” sound with your throat.
5. The Jellyfish. Also known as the “Atomic Bomb” and “Force Field,” this trick is a huge crowd-pleaser and is also one of the most difficult tricks to learn. First, blow a large O and immediately place your hand, palm forward, behind it and push gently and slowly down the O. Gently exhale a stream of vapor through the center of the ring (like you did with the Ghost Inhale). This stream should pull the O around it, leaving a trail that looks like a jellyfish.
4. Bull Rings. This trick requires quite a bit of practice and precision. First, blow a thick O (you’ve mastered this one, right?) and lean into it, inhaling through your nostrils to bring the top part of the O through your nose. This creates the illusion of you “wearing” the O, and is doubly impressive if you already have a septum piercing!
4. The Smoke Waterfall. This trick is also known as “Liquid Mist” and requires a bit of preparation beforehand. Grab a bottle with a bit of ice in the bottom of it, then take a hit from your vape. Slowly exhale the vapor into the bottle, then turn it upside down and pour out the vapor. The ice at the bottom of the bottle slows down the vapor molecules, turning it into a heavier substance that pours out like a slow waterfall.
Once you’ve gotten into the basics of vaping and have your setup complete, you might want to start taking things to the next level: vape tricks. These are a huge hit at vaping conventions and…