Makes: 1 cup of hash butter
Duration: 3-5 hours
• 1 measuring cup
• 1 whisk
• 1 large spoon
• 1 medium-sized pot (or saucepan)
• 1 heat resistant storage container
• 4 grams of dry hash
• 1 cup of butter (unsalted)
• 4 cups of water
Hash butter recipe
This recipe can be converted to accommodate cured bud flowers instead, but you will need a lot more to achieve the same level of potency. The only ideal alternative is kief, which can be harvested from cannabis buds using a sifting screen or a collecting grinder.
Before starting your own hash butter, there is some equipment and tools that you will need to gather. Once complete, you will have a solid block of hash butter that can be used to make any of your favorite recipes into marijuana edibles.
- Pour four cups of water into the saucepan or pot and set the burner to medium heat.
- While you wait for the water to heat, prepare the hash to be added to the mixture. This can be done by hand or with a grinder, but the kief should be reduced to the smallest pieces possible.
- Once the water is steaming (avoid boiling), add the butter to the pan and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Use a whisk to stir the butter into the water as you wait for it to melt, which will help to heat it up more quickly.
- Once the butter has liquified entirely, add in the crumbled hash and let the mixture simmer for 1-4 hours. During this time, it might require adding more water to avoid scalding, but the longer it sits, the more potent it will be.
- When satisfied with how long it has cooked, remove the simmering mixture from the burner and leave it to cool down to a safe handling temperature.
- Pour the liquid into a heatproof storage container and refrigerate the mix for 4 hours, or until a solid layer form.
- As the liquids cool, the butter will solidify and separate from the water by floating to the surface in one large mass. Once this has finished, take a large spoon and scoop out the hunks of butter and either drain the water and return the hash butter to the original container or move it to a small one before placing it back into the fridge until ready to use.
If you are just learning how to make hash, then you need to know that there isn’t only one way to perform this task. Making dry hash can be simple.
Here is a simple recipe to prepare hash butter, that can be incorporated in any of your favorite marijuana edibles