Bubble hash refers to collecting hash from your weed (or trim) by submerging the weed in ice-cold water and agitating it. This causes trichomes to break off so you can collect them.
Alright, let’s make some bubble hash!
by Sirius Fourside
Table of Contents
Whenever you hear the word ‘hash’, it’s just referring to the extracted resin glands (trichomes, the sticky sparkly stuff) of a cannabis plant. The ‘bubble’ part refers to the method of using cold water and agitation to extract that resin.
- (Old School) Manual Method: Using a spoon or rubber spatula and hand mixing for a while.
- Pros: Cheapest method, needs the least amount of tools.
- Cons: The most physical work and the least efficient.
- Mixer Method: Using a hand mixer with beaters attached, or a hand drill with a paint-mixer or similar tool attached.
- Pros: Many people have most of the tools needed. This method is much easier then hand-mixing and more efficient.
- Cons: Still need a drill or mixer plus a good mixing attachment that’s also long.
- A hash-washing machine (mini washing machines)
- Pros: Easiest method since you don’t have to mix. Also, the most efficient method since all the material is constantly mixed while the machine is on.
- Cons: High initial cost since you have to buy the machine (
Don’t have a washer? Want to make bubble hash by hand? Learn how below!
The cornerstone of making bubble hash is mixing up your weed, water and ice. All three of these methods produce the same quality of bubble hash. It’s the efficiency and amount of work that varies.
Replace steps 2-8 above with these instructions:
Bubble hash is made by putting weed (or trim) in ice-cold water and agitating it. This causes trichomes to break off the cannabis so you can collect them.