Blueberry is an award-winning strain that will provide incredible sweet-smelling relief. Best used in the evening time, this strain will ease pain and stress.
Current recommendations for using marijuana for glaucoma
iStock / Ivan-balvan
iStock / PALMIHELP
- Vision becomes blurry, often suddenly
- Severe eye pain
- Intense headaches or migraines
- Rainbow-colored rings begin to appear around lights
The research studies that have been conducted by the National Eye Institute show that cannabis is beneficial in keeping IOP lowered, and also concluded that marijuana taken in many forms such as smoking, pills or THC by injection did lower the IOP. However, the benefits would only last for a short time of three to four hours. This is one of the major drawbacks associated with the use of cannabis in treating glaucoma symptoms.
Cherry Kola is a delicious berry flavored strain guaranteed to promote a happy, euphoric state while reducing any pain associated with glaucoma.
Sour Diesel provides an uplifting pain-relieving effect coupled with the ability to reduce stress.
Sativa strains offer an ideal blend for daytime use in the treatment of glaucoma.
Cons/side effects of using marijuana for glaucoma
Reports have been provided by The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine on cannabis's numerous therapeutic uses, and its adverse effects.
- Blueberry: This award-winning, sweet-smelling strain eases nighttime stress, pain and
- Kelly Hill Gold: This euphoric strain delivers relief from glaucoma-induced inflammation, stress and
- Eastern European: This native strain of Europe offers a relaxing, sleepy effect that lessens discomfort.
- Cherry Kola: This berry-flavored strain reduces pain and creates a euphoric, happy effect.
Whether you’re treating your own glaucoma with medical weed or are administering it to a loved one, there are several medicating methods you can use without compromising on your preferred strains of medical marijuana for daytime and nighttime use.
To marry the benefits of indica and sativa strains and provide patients with additional treatment options, producers created hybrid strains. While featuring aspects of both indica and sativa strains, hybrid strains are often either indica- or sativa-dominant.
Home / Resources / Ailment Resources / Best Medical Marijuana Strains to Treat Glaucoma
- The Wills: This indica-dominant strain creates an uplifted feeling that alleviates glaucoma-induced headaches.
- Sour Grape: This well-balanced strain provides nausea and intraocular pressure relief, along with a relaxed feeling.
- LAPD: This sweet and spicy strain delivers a cerebral and mellow experience that eases your pain.
- Jamba Juice: This fruity and earthy strain offers relief from stress and fatigue while also energizing you.
- Maui Wowie: This pineapple-flavored strain remedies stress, pain and nausea to provide energy.
- Sour Diesel: This invigorating strain delivers uplifting, energetic feelings and relieves stress and pain.
- Trinity: This strong-scented strain targets stress and pain, leaving you feeling happy, focused and chatty.
- Tesla Tower: This robust strain lowers intraocular pressure, fatigue, stress and
Updated on January 5, 2020. Medical content reviewed by Dr. Joseph Rosado, MD, M.B.A, Chief Medical Officer
Recommended hybrid strains for glaucoma include:
Favorite indica strains for glaucoma side effects include:
It’s a challenge to treat glaucoma. The devastating condition often relies on a variety of medications. Medical pot can treat multiple symptoms of glaucoma.